Raquel Ervin was inspired by several sidekicks, such as Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash and Artemis. She convinced Icon to become a superhero, him taking her as his sidekick. He accepted and the two became heroes. She and Icon helped the Justice League fight off the plants Poison Ivy had unleashed. While helping Icon and the Justice League, she saved two civilians, grabbing both by the arms.
She later was brought up in a Justice League meeting, as a possible new member for the team. Wonder Woman proposed the team needed more female members, to which both Black Canary and Hawkwoman agreed.
Joining Young Justice
Raquel was brought to join the team when Icon joined the Justice League. She stayed with her new team in the Watchtower, angry over the fact that she had to be restrained indoors while the Justice League "got to celebrate".
She and the rest of the team fought against the mind-controlled Justice League. She saved Robin from a hit by Wonder Woman, trapping her in one of her force fields. She and Robin were then attacked by Batman. She dodged it and continued to restrain Wonder Woman for the rest of the fight. After defeating the Justice League she kissed Aqualad's cheek.
5 Years Later
Over the 5 year time period, she joined the Justice League and was once in a relationship with Robin, now Nightwing; she later gave birth to her son Amistad by an unknown partner. She later mourned the death of Artemis with the rest of her team and later had a bridal shower. At the bridal shower, she expressed remorse in having it right after Artemis' death, only to be comforted by the other female members of the Team.
While with the others, she was encased in ice by Captain Cold. She and the others got out of it thanks to Zatanna. When asked by Captain Cold if he was "doomed", she responded by saying "One hundred percent" before charging at him with Miss Martian, Zatanna, Black Canary, Wonder Girl, Bumblebee and Zatanna.
Powers and Abilities
- Inertia Belt: All of Rocket's superhuman powers derive from the inertia winder installed in her belt buckle.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Young Justice and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Raquel Ervin/Rocket. The original character was created by Dwayne McDuffie, Denys Cowan, and Mark Bright and first appeared in Icon #1.
- Rocket was voiced by Miss Kittie and Denise Boutte for the animated series and Cree Summer for the tie-in video game Young Justice: Legacy.
- 22 Appearances of Raquel Ervin (Earth-16)
- 3 Images featuring Raquel Ervin (Earth-16)
- Quotations by or about Raquel Ervin (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Raquel Ervin (Earth-16)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
Young Justice member