Ray Palmer was a brilliant scientist who helped defeat the Centre.
Raymond Palmer made breakthroughs in matter reduction using lens hewn from a white dwarf star. However, the process was flawed in regarding to matter integrity after reduction, causing the shrunken object to explode.
When The Centre made its appearance, Adam Strange had read about Palmer's flawed shrinking technology in which he approached and recruited Palmer to humanity's effort against The Centre. As Palmer's reduction ray would be use on The Centre and causing it to destabilize and explode.
Sometime after The Centre's defeat, Palmer succeeded in his matter reduction process and becoming the superhero known as the Atom.
- In the animated adaption of Justice League: The New Frontier Ray Palmer was (unaccredited) voiced by Corey Burton.
- 2 Appearances of Raymond Palmer (Earth-21)
- 4 Images featuring Raymond Palmer (Earth-21)
- Quotations by or about Raymond Palmer (Earth-21)
- Character Gallery: Raymond Palmer (Earth-21)