Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Rustam was apprehended by the US government and forced to be the field leader of the first Suicide Squad created by Amanda Waller. After the team failed, Rustam and the rest of the team were imprisoned in a super secret prison, hidden from the rest of world.
Maxwell Lord discovered the location of the first Suicide Squad and freed them, hoping to use them to make the world safer than the Justice League ever could. Invading Belle Reve for the Heart of Darkness with Lord, Rustam battled both the Justice League and the current Suicide Squad, who were working together to foil Lord's plan. Before Rustam could be recaptured, he escaped, looking forward to the revenge he planned on Amanda Waller for keeping him in captivity. 
- Psi-Scimitar: Rustam uses a semi-sentient mystical artifact known as the Psi-Scimitar. The Psi-Scimitar generates a flaming blade of energy from its hilt, and can open up dimensional portals.
- Rustam was created by John Ostrander and Luke McDonnell, first appearing in Suicide Squad #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Rustam first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #1 by Joshua Williamson and Jason Fabok.
- Amanda Waller has listed his nationality as Iranian or Iraqi.
- 16 Appearances of Raza Kattuah (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Raza Kattuah (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Raza Kattuah (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Raza Kattuah (Prime Earth)
Suicide Squad member