"Dark Trinity, Part One: Fathers and Sons": Years ago Jason Todd and Batman infiltrated a boarding school led by Ma Gunn who instead manipulated her charges into committing crimes, as the dynamic duo fought her and
- Beautiful, isn't she? I was never interested in dating. Not as a teenager. Or later as an adult. Because people will let you down. Relationships are ephemeral at best. But a woman like Gotham? She's forever. Yet she's been mistreated over the years. Her suitors have lacked sincerity. Equity. Gravitas. They've used her like a doormat. Like the ring of some never-ending boxing match. I ask you...is that any way to treat a lady?
Synopsis for "Dark Trinity, Part One: Fathers and Sons"
Years ago Jason Todd and Batman infiltrated a boarding school led by Ma Gunn who instead manipulated her charges into committing crimes, as the dynamic duo fought her and Batman was downed, Jason charged her through a window.
Years later, he does it again.
After curing the mayor and being mistaken for an assassin, Jason chases down any leads to the technovirus. He saves Gunn from the explosion within the room and explains how Black Mask had suspiciously bought every building on the block. Gunn explains how Black Mask had approached her and threatened her to make her join his society. Her refusal led to the bombing; though he expected there to be children there also.
Jason retreats to his personal "bat-cave" and begins to research Sionis as Batman taught him. He eventually grows bored and takes a more direct approach by jumping through the front window of Black Mask's moving car.
Black Mask explains how he pities Gotham; how its streets ran red with blood spilled and how it had become a breeding ground for villainy and that it would be a good time for a more permanent fix. Black Mask would not let Jason straight into his organisation and instead organised a test, the "punishment" of the men who failed to kill Ma Gunn.
Now accepted Jason awaits a train transporting Black Mask's "game changer", he derails the train but as he goes to enter he is stopped by a fierce Amazon, Artemis.
Appearing in "Dark Trinity, Part One: Fathers and Sons"
- Red Hood / Robin (Flashback and main story)
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Black Mask (Flashback and main story)
- False Face Society (Flashback and main story)
- Ma Gunn (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Bane (Flashback only)
- Catwoman (On a TV or computer screen)
- The Joker (Flashback only)
- Killer Croc (Flashback only)
- The Penguin (Flashback only)
- The Riddler (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- The "Game Changer" (Mentioned only)