"Red Alert, Part 2 of 2": In Paris, the Red Lanterns battle and defeat Shadow Thief. Guy tries to convince Ice to take him back, but she isn't ready to get back together as of yet.
Appearing in "Red Alert, Part 2 of 2"
- Sector 2814
- Sector 2828 (Mentioned only)
- Sector 459
Synopsis for "Red Alert, Part 2 of 2"
In Paris, the Red Lanterns battle and defeat Shadow Thief. Guy tries to convince Ice to take him back, but she isn't ready to get back together as of yet.
Meanwhile, in the planet Groy, Bleez and Rankorr have been ambushed by Atrocitus, Dex-Starr and a new Red Lantern called Klarn that can absorb energy and shoot it back at its adversary.
A depressed Guy Gardner heads back to Ysmault followed by Zillius Zox and Skallox. As they are approaching the planet, their Rings alert them to the presence of several Green Lanterns in proximity to the Red Power Battery. Guy is delighted with the chance to let off some steam with a good brawl, and he descends to meet up with Hal Jordan and proclaim loudly that 2814 is now the Reds' Sector.
Before both Lanterns can keep bickering or even come to blows, Guy notices his ex-partners are transporting inside a containment cell a Red Lantern he has never seen before. Hal demands to know why Guy is making new Reds before revealing that particular Red is Kryptonian.
Guy is not thrilled at the possibility of getting Superman mad, so he tells Zox and Skallox get over there. Zox explains Atrocitus made nine new Rings and sent them out to find bearers just before being kicked out of the Red Corps by Guy.
Guy and Hal argue about the matter until Supergirl -who had been subdued until then- snaps when one of them mentions Superman. Kara shatters her restrains and fights them all, forcing all Lanterns to work together until they manage to hold her down and dunk her into the Blood Lake.
Back in Groy, Atrocitus looks like he is about to kill Bleez and Rankorr. Rankorr tells his partner to run away while he hold Atrocitus off. Reluctantly, Bleez does so, promising to come back for him.
Sitting by the lakeside, Guy and Hal wait for Kara resurfacing. They clear the air, and Hal agrees to entrust the protection of Sector 2814, which includes Earth, to the Red Lanterns.
Finally Kara emerges, feeling awake and coherent, but as well extremely confused. She tells her name is Kara Zor-El and asks what has happened to her. Upon hearing her family name, Hal tells Guy he thinks Superman and that girl are family.
Guy doesn't look forward to explain Superman his blood relative is now a Red Lantern. Anyways, Kara, thinking she has nowhere else to go, joins the Red Corps.
- No special notes.
- The cover of this issue references the cover of Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns #1.
- This issue is a double-sized flipbook which also features Green Lantern (Volume 5) #28. The cover price remains priced as a regular issue - $2.99.
- Discuss Red Lanterns Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Red Lanterns series
- Images from Red Lanterns Vol 1 28
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)