Red Racer is a comic book fan who became the fastest human alive on Earth 36. He found love with his Justice 9 teammate Flashlight, with whom he traveled to the House of Heroes in order to aid in the battle against The Gentry. He joined an away team to Earth 7 consisting of himself, President Superman of Earth 23, Captain Carrot of Earth 26, Aquawoman of Earth 11 and Earth 7's last survivor, the Thunderer. However, they found themselves diverted to Earth 8, where they bore witness to the rebirth of the corrupted Nix Uotan. Reading the issues of The Multiversity provided to him by Mister Stubbs, Racer prepared to sacrifice himself spreading a message of warning across the Multiverse--instead, he managed to gain the aid of the Flashes of the Multiverse to defeat and disinfect Nix Uotan, before joining in the final battle against The Gentry. Reunited with Flashlight, Red Racer agreed to join the superteam proposed by Superman, Justice Incarnate, in order to defend all of creation.
When the Supermen of the multiverse were being hunted by the Prophecy, the Justice League Incarnate met with Kal-El (New Earth) and Kal-L (Earth-30). Ray and The League warned the Supermen of the incoming danger and aided them to find Kong Kenan (Prime_Earth), the Super-Man of China. The group returned to the House of Heroes, where Superman took the Ultima Thule to the Prophecy to enact his plan as bait, as well as creating a beacon where the other captured Supermen were taken. The House later received a signal from the Thule, and Ray mentions to the group that that was their only vessel and building another one would take thousands of years. Ray then realized what needed to be done. The speedster then asks Machinehead (Earth 8) to pull up designs for the vessel and the Green Lanterns to gather the appropriate parts needed to build a new ship. Kalel informed Ray about the cost it would take for him to compress thousands of years worth of time in order to build a new Thule. Ray replied saying that "Speedsters never think about the cost.". Red Racer bid farewell to his friend, and told President Superman to tell Hank that he loves him. He takes off rapidly piecing together the ship, as Ray's body begins to take a toll. In a matter of minutes, a new Ultima Thule is built, able to receive the signal of the other ship. President Superman found his remains and the League mourned for his sacrifice.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Genius Level Intellect: Ray was able to build alone from scratch a receiver version of the Ultima Thule, which cost his life.
- Red Racer is an homage to The Blitz of Big Bang Comics, who was a pastiche of Jay Garrick, though his comic book fandom is a feature most prominently associated with Barry Allen.
- Red Racer was seen alongside Barry Allen and the Flashes of numerous parallel universes in a flashback to before the Crisis on Infinite Earths in The Multiversity Guidebook, suggesting he may have had a pre-Crisis counterpart.
- 9 Appearances of Red Racer (Earth 36)
- 14 Images featuring Red Racer (Earth 36)
- 1 Quotations by or about Red Racer (Earth 36)
- Character Gallery: Red Racer (Earth 36)
- Earth 36 characters
- Superman (Volume 4) #14
- Superman (Volume 4) #15
- Superman (Volume 4) #16
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74
- The Multiversity #2
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.