Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Red Tornado was the creation of Thomas Oscar Morrow, he was first mentioned by doctor during the Justice League's battle with the Atlanteans. T.O Morrow talks about how his technology could alter the weather disturbance the Atlanteans caused. However it was rejected by Doctor Silas Stone due to the technology hailing from another dimension and unstable. An unfinished version of Red Tornado is seen in the Red Room as Cyborg was being rebuilt due Grid removing his implants. He is later seen fighting the Metal Men, though he was under the control of the Calculator at the time.
- Red Tornado was created by Kelley Puckett, Gardner Fox, and Dick Dillin, first appearing in Justice League of America #64. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Red Tornado first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Red Hood and the Outlaws #16 by Scott Lobdell and Timothy Green II.
- 10 Appearances of Red Tornado (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Red Tornado (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Red Tornado (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Red Tornado (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.