"Storm Warning!": A freak tornado rips through New Jersey. The Red Tornado appears and nullifies it with his powers. On the ground, the crowd appears fearful of the android and Lana Lang asks for an interview with WGBS but he declines and
Appearing in "Storm Warning!"
- Red Tornado (Flashback and main story)
- Justice League of America
- Kathy Sutton (Flashback and main story)
- Traya Sutton (Flashback and main story)
- The Construct (Flashback and main story)
- Injustice Society (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Robot Killer (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Justice Society of America (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Lana Lang
- T. O. Morrow (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Metropolis (Mentioned only)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Bracelets of Submission
- Green Lantern Ring
- Lasso of Truth
- Nth Metal
- Utility Belt
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
Synopsis for "Storm Warning!"
A freak tornado rips through New Jersey. The Red Tornado appears and nullifies it with his powers. On the ground, the crowd appears fearful of the android and Lana Lang asks for an interview with WGBS but he declines and flies away to Manhattan, where he meets with his family. After they go to a family movie night, several robots appear from the sewers to kill Red Tornado.
He quickly destroys the foes but is shaken by one's suggestion that he is merely a robot pretending to be a person and wonders if he is betraying his kind. Kathy also secretly harbors doubts about her relationship with him and the persona of John Smith he has chosen to integrate with humanity. They settle in at home and watch the news, where Lang's piece on the tornado criticizes him for not doing enough to stop the damage and openly speculates that he may have caused it.
The Justice League of America appears outside his window and calls him to talk outside. His teammates harshly tell him to immediately cease all superheroics and he flies away without responding. As he leaves, they evidently come out of a trance, wondering what just happened. The Leaguers go to the World Trade Center, where they periodically check on a device that transmits a frequency to stop The Construct from reforming its consciousness. They fail to realize that it has actually been gnawed at by a rodent and the technological being has returned: the tornadoes, the robot attack, the League's rejection, Kathy's outbursts, and Lana's condemnation were all manipulated by him to play on Red Torando's insecurities and feelings of inferiority.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Red Tornado Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Red Tornado series
- Red Tornado Recommended Reading