The "Red Wave" beast is a giant monster who fought the Suicide Squad. It was discovered inside a red tidal wave that burned everything it touched. This fiery wave seemed to keep the beast asleep. When the wave was turned to ice, the creature woke from its slumber and terrorized the coast. The Suicide Squad tried to kill it, but they found that it was resistant to chemical attacks and nuclear weapons. Eventually they tricked it into climbing on a spaceship, which they piloted into outer space. It was able to survive in space, so they decided they could not leave it on the moon. They traveled closer to the sun and launched it into orbit around the sun. It was last seen harmlessly floating around the sun in a peaceful slumber.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- There was a flashback showing the "Red Wave" beast in Post-Crisis continuity, proving that it does exist in that continuity. However, the flashback showed its color as red instead of purple.
- 3 Appearances of Red Wave Beast (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Red Wave Beast (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Red Wave Beast (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Red Wave Beast (New Earth)