Secret Society of Super-Villains
Remoni-Notra, of the planet Pandina, was chosen by the Zamarons to be their queen, an honor previously bequeathed upon Earth's Carol Ferris, but refused. Remoni-Notra was given one of the five Star Sapphire gems and was told of the existence of the other four. Using her powers, she came to Earth to locate and steal Carol Ferris' gem and joined the Secret Society of Super Villains as the new Star Sapphire in hopes of finding a clue to the gem.
On Earth she took the name Deborah Darnell and became a stewardess at Ferris Aircraft, in hopes of getting closer to Carol to take the Star Sapphire gem. As Debbie Darnell, she often dated long-time hero Captain Comet. She also sometimes used the identity Camille, a French real estate agent. Her whereabouts were unknown until recently when it was revealed that she was mind-wiped and put in a coma. She was most likely mind-wiped at the request of Green Lantern Hal Jordan to protect Carol Ferris. She was in a coma following the mind-wipe, and was revived by her teammates in the Secret Society. Together, they again battled the Justice League of America during the events of Crisis of Conscience.
During the events of Day of Vengeance, several magic-users (including Remoni-Notra) assembled at Stonehenge and summoned the Spectre. He singled out Remoni-Notra, condemned her, and transformed her into a star sapphire and shattered her, killing her.
Remoni-Notra possesses no inherent superhuman powers. However, when using the Star Sapphire Gem, she exhibits:
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Superhuman Durability
- Supersonic Flight
- Immunity to Harsh Environments
- Star Sapphire Augmentation: Aside from physical augmentation of normal bodily functions, each Star Sapphire is granted:
- Energy Projection: The gem can be used to fire blasts of Zamoran energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. If the user wishes, they can alter the form of the blasts.
- Force-Field Generation: The gem can create various force fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around her.
- Energy Constructs: The gem can form constructs of Zamoran energy. Virtually anything can be created depending on the user. If simulating a being, the user can direct the construct. Feedback occurs if a construct is destroyed, but this is usually a minor issue.
- Mental Illness: Prolonged use of the Star Sapphire Gem often drives the wearer insane. 
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 31 Appearances of Remoni-Notra (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Remoni-Notra (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Remoni-Notra (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Remoni-Notra (New Earth)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Deborah Camille Darnell. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Secret Society of Super-Villains member