At first, Warhawk wasn't impressed when Superman brought Batman into the JLU to seek out who had ambushed Micron. This only worsened when Batman could only barely prevent an assault on Aquagirl. But Warhawk wasn't stupid - he knew that whoever betrayed the JLU, they would come after him at some point. Through remote-control, Warhawk operated his armor into battle and let the traitor destroy the armor.
In an alternate timeline in the future created by Chronos, Warhawk, Static, Batman (Terry McGinnis), and Bruce Wayne were the only JLU members that survived. The JLU had to use an abandoned Hamilton Hill High School as their new headquarters, because both the Metro Tower and Batcave were destroyed.
When Justice League members John Stewart, Batman and Wonder Woman traveled to the future to stop Chronos, the JLU saved them from an ambush by the Jokerz. After they escaped, they went back to headquarters where Rex introduced himself as the son of Stewart and Shayera Hol.
These events were erased when John and Batman reversed Chronos' effect in the timestream, but the memory of his son still troubled the Lantern.
- Hybrid Physiology: Rex Stewart was half-Thanagarian, which greatly affected his physical being.
- Armor: Warhawk wore armor of polynized-aluminum steel, that could be expanded to cover his entire body.
- Nth Metal Wings: Because he was only half-Thanagarian, Warhawk did not possess their trademark wings. But he adopted the hawk as his symbol nonetheless, and made himself wings out of Nth Metal.
- Warhawk was voiced by Peter Onorati
- He's named after his father's friend Rex Mason, aka Metamorpho.
- Batman Beyond (TV Series) Episode: The Call, Part I
- Batman Beyond (TV Series) Episode: The Call, Part II
- Justice League Unlimited (TV Series) Episode: The Once and Future Thing, Part II: Time, Warped
- Justice League Unlimited (TV Series) Episode: Epilogue
- 42 Appearances of Rex Stewart (DCAU)
- 7 Images featuring Rex Stewart (DCAU)
- 2 Quotations by or about Rex Stewart (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Rex Stewart (DCAU)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.