This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
- Smitty and I are part of an organization called Justice Incorporated, dedicated to destroying crime... destroying it utterly!
- -- The Avenger src
After his wife and daughter were kidnapped and killed, Richard Benson's personal life began to curl up and die too. The shock of his family's death had a bizarre effect on him, as his face and hair became dead white, giving him an "ice cold" paralyzed appearance.
To cope with his tragedy, he founded the crime-fighting firm "Justice, Inc." in hopes of bringing some sense of order to his world and to fight for those who had suffered at the hands of criminals. He set up shop on Bleek Street, the most crime-ridden neighborhood in New York. His firm took on cases not based on how much the client could pay, but on how dire their need for justice was.
- Disguise: Benson was a master of disguises and could change his physical appearance to resemble anyone he wanted to, with perfection.
- Marksmanship: Benson never shot to kill. He was such a great marksman that he could "crease" a bad guy's skull with a bullet and knock him out.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Benson is an experienced foe, and can best many people in combat.
- This character is an adaptation of the Avenger, a character from the the pulp series created by Paul Ernst in 1939. The character was used at the time under license from the actual rights holders. More information can be found in the Wikipedia.org article Avenger (pulp-magazine character).
- The Avenger was originally a character found in pulp magazines from 1939-1943. DC's first take on the character originated with a 4-issue series published in 1975. The stories took place in the late 1930s and were set on Earth-One -- we know this because this version of the Avenger met the Earth-One Shadow in Shadow #11.
- 5 Appearances of Richard Benson (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Richard Benson (New Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Richard Benson (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Richard Benson (New Earth)
This article is using a sub-standard image. The image is too small, of poor quality, bears a watermark or violates copyright law. You can help the DC Database Project by replacing the offending image with a higher quality scan.