Dick Grayson was part of a circus family, dubbed the "Flying Graysons" for their death-defying stunts and acrobatics. After a performance that Batman was in attendance to, Dick was left an orphan by the hands of the mob after they cut the Grayson's tightrope mid-performance. Feeling sympathy for the child, Wayne decided to take the boy in as his own and treat him as family. Eventually, Wayne gained enough respect and trust for Grayson that he bestowed him the great secret of his true identity, even going as far as to train the acrobat and develop a new sidekick - Robin.
The new dynamic duo worked together on multiple missions, the two of them stopping a gang war between Bane and the Joker at least once. After years of partnership, Dick grew tired of Bruce's power over him and his strict personality. Eventually he left Batman to fight crime on his own, and developed a new alias - Nightwing. Although he became his own hero, he continued to fight crime alongside the Dark Knight, constantly offering any help to his mentor and former partner.
Defending Wayne Manor
While Bruce Wayne was locked inside Arkham City, minions of the Riddler attacked Wayne Manor to try and loot its valuables. Nightwing, however, had expected something of this nature and quickly disposed of the intruders, defending his mentor's home while Batman dealt with the abomination of the super prison. Later, in the armory, T.Y.G.E.R. security guards attacked Nightwing, though they met a similar fate as the Riddler's thugs.
The Arkham Knight
Several months after the Joker's death during Batman's assault on Arkham City, the Penguin moved his weapons-dealing operations to Nightwing's home city of Bludhaven. Nightwing, having fought the Penguin alongside Batman before, worked to eradicate the crime boss' control in Bludhaven.
Soon, the criminal known as the Scarecrow resurfaced in Gotham and worked to build an alliance with all of Batman's rogues in order to arrange one final assault on the vigilante. As part of his plan, Scarecrow requested that Poison Ivy partake, but, however, was recently detained in Bludhaven. Harley Quinn was sent to rescue Isley and, despite Nightwing's best efforts to stop her, escaped back to Gotham.
Having recovered from his loss to Harley Quinn, Nightwing returned to Gotham during Scarecrow's play for the city on Halloween. Grayson was in the process of tracking down the Penguin because of his weapon deals and soon found himself once again fighting side by side with Batman. Together, Batman and Nightwing shut down all of Penguin's weapon caches before Nightwing was accidentally captured by Penguin at his final holdout. Batman, then, rescued his protege from Penguin and parted ways with his adopted son, knowing that they would possibly never see each other again.
- Tactical Analysis
- Throwing: Nightwing is able to throw his wing-dings from great distances without missing his target.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Trained by Batman, Nightwing is a master of multiple martial arts. His fighting style is more acrobatic than his mentor's.
- Stick Fighting
- Peak Human Condition
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Arkhamverse video game series and is an adaptation of Dick Grayson/Robin. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #38.
- Dick Grayson has been credited to three voice actors:
- Nightwing has the least amount of downloadable skins out of all the playable characters in Batman: Arkham City. He has two: his original and a DCAU variant.
- 15 Appearances of Richard Grayson (Arkhamverse)
- 9 Images featuring Richard Grayson (Arkhamverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Richard Grayson (Arkhamverse)
- Character Gallery: Richard Grayson (Arkhamverse)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.