Dick Grayson is the determined, youthful ward and best friend of millionaire Bruce Wayne. It is unknown how this relationship came to be, or what became of Dick's parents. Nevertheless, he looks up to Bruce as any son would a father, and tries to learn as much as he can from Mr. Wayne. He also hones his crime fighting skills by working alongside Batman as Robin, the Boy Wonder. Dick has many hobbies to pass the long afternoons in Wayne Manor, such as his tuba and piano lessons, and also his bird calls.
Robin is strong willed, courageous and shows determination. He is ready to drop everything to help Batman fight crime. Best known for his constant "Holy" catch phrases such as "Holy Jack-In-The-Box" and "Holy Long John Silver". He lived at Wayne Manor with Bruce Wayne, Alfred (Bruce's butler) and Aunt Harriet. As Dick Grayson, he was a student and head of the council at Woodrow Roosevelt High School.
While fighting crime with Batman, the Caped Crusader always helped Robin with his studies such as Mathematics and Languages.
Powers and Abilities
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Swordsmanship: Robin is a very capable fencer.
- Multilingualism: Along with English, Dick can understand Spanish. He's also learning how to speak French and Italian.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman, its tie-in comic book series, related live-action movie and animated movies, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face. It is an adaptation of Dick Grayson/Robin. The original character was created by Jerry Robinson, Bob Kane, and Bill Finger and first appeared in Detective Comics #38.
- This version of the character was portrayed by Burt Ward and was known for prefacing his exclamations with the word "Holy", such as "Holy knit-one pearl-two, Batman!"
- In recreation sequences for Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt, Ward was portrayed in and out of character by Jason Marsden.
- He attends Woodrow Roosevelt High School.
- Dick is at least 16 years old by the beginning of season 3, as in "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin", Dick gets his driver's license.
- 191 Appearances of Richard Grayson (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 62 Images featuring Richard Grayson (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 5 Quotations by or about Richard Grayson (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Richard Grayson (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77 #5
- Batman '66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. #5
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Walk the Straight and Narrow
- Batman '66 #1
- "Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Curse of Tut"
- "Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Pharaoh's in a Rut"
- "Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Fine Finny Fiends"
- "Walk the Straight and Narrow"
- "Penguin Is a Girl's Best Friend"
- Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Scat! Darn Catwoman
- "Fine Feathered Finks"
- "The Joker Goes to School"
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.