Dick Grayson was an acrobat in Haly's Circus with his parents. One day, a gangster named Tony Zucco and his brothers threatened the circus and its performers. When the Grayson resisted them, Zucco promised revenge and Batman arrived.
The following day, on the night of their performance, Tony Zucco came before the show and removed two vital lugnuts for the trapeze. When Grayson's parents were doing their stunt, the trapeze gave out and they fell to their deaths.
Dick Grayson was taken in by Bruce Wayne who wanted to make a difference in Grayson's life.
Grayson soon found out Wayne's secret of being Batman so Grayson wanted to work as a superhero as well. He wore an altered version of his original acrobat costume, going under the alias as "Robin".
Robin was trained and quickly began to tag along with Batman on his missions. Robin and Batgirl originally did not get along but, after a few missions, they came to stand each other.
- Master Acrobat: Since he was an acrobat with Haly's Circus, Grayson already has extensive knowledge of acrobatic tricks.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Adept at Throwing: Robin is capable of throwing a batarang with extreme accuracy.
- Stick Fighting
- Peak Human Condition
- Utility Belt: In conjunction with Batman Robin wields his own utility belt. However Batman has manufactured equipment with Robins aesthetic in mind.
- Grappling Hook
- Hand-Held Gas Mask: One piece of equipment in Robin's utility belt is the gas mask. It is a small filter that holds on to the user's mouth and purifies the air that goes through.
- Ice Pellets: Ice pellets can produce mild incapacitating ice or even freeze various objects
- Decryption key: Unlocks electronic doors
- Robin's Motorcycle
- Robin's Jetpack
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Batman, related film, and the tie-in comic The Batman Strikes!. It is an adaptation of Dick Grayson/Robin. The original character was created by Jerry Robinson, Bob Kane, and Bill Finger and first appeared in Detective Comics #38.
- Dick Grayson was voiced by Evan Sabara. In two episodes, an older version of the character using the Nightwing alias was voiced by Jerry O'Connell.
- 44 Appearances of Richard Grayson (The Batman)
- 6 Images featuring Richard Grayson (The Batman)
- 1 Quotations by or about Richard Grayson (The Batman)
- Character Gallery: Richard Grayson (The Batman)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.