Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Blackguard was an early villain of Booster Gold.
He once fought both Blue Beetle and Booster Gold. Though the heroes' recollections of the events differed, Guy Gardner revealed he was actually the one to defeat him and saved both Beetle and Gold's lives. He was later seen in Hell by current members of the Suicide Squad when they encountered a group of bitter former members of the team.
- Blackguard was created by Dan Jurgens, first appearing in Booster Gold #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Blackguard first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Suicide Squad (Volume 7) #7 by Robbie Thompson and Eduardo Pansica.
- 3 Appearances of Richard Hertz (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Richard Hertz (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Richard Hertz (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Richard Hertz (Prime Earth)
Suicide Squad member
|Booster Gold Villain(s)|
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Booster Gold in any incarnation, including legacy characters and alternate universe equivalents. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Booster Gold Villains" category.