Richard Nixon was the 37th President of the United States. He was elected in 1968 and in that same year he convinced Dr. Manhattan to intervene in the Vietnam War, thereby allowing America to win the war. With the repeal of the 22nd Amendment, the murders of Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein and the Comedian's successful intervention in the Iranian Hostage Crisis of 1979, Nixon was re-elected repeatedly and still serving as President in 1985.
After Dr. Manhattan went into self-imposed exile from humanity, the Cold War escalated in which Nixon was considering to launch America's nuclear arsenal on the Soviet Union. Nixon, however, did not go through with this decision when New York City was devastated by an "alien threat" unleashed by Adrian Veidt, and he and his Soviet counterpart agreed to ceasing all hostilities and calling for cooperation between the West and East Blocs to face the make-believe alien threat manufactured by Veidt. Thereafter, Nixon faced new potential candidates for the Presidency, including the actor Robert Redford.
- This character is a fictional representation of Richard Nixon, a real person. More information on this person can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 10 Appearances of Richard Nixon (Watchmen)
- 3 Images featuring Richard Nixon (Watchmen)
- Quotations by or about Richard Nixon (Watchmen)
- Character Gallery: Richard Nixon (Watchmen)