Madam Fatal is a crossdressing vigilante, pretending to be an old woman.
Richard Stanton was motivated by a personal tragedy to dress up as an old woman in order to infiltrate criminal gangs and bring them to justice while trying to track down his kidnapped daughter. For several years, he looked for her, and when he located the kidnapper, he revealed that Stanton's daughter was still alive.
He cut off all ties to his previous life when he became Madam Fatal, except for keeping his pet parrot, Hamlet. He briefly had two allies who helped out during cases, Tubby White and Scrappy Nelson, who formed the "Sure Fire Detective Agency."
Powers and Abilities
- stout walking cane
- In the original run of stories in Crack Comics, Richard Stanton's adopted identity, and the title of the feature, was "Madam Fatal," which is incorrect, but is true to the subject material. The Richard Stantons of other parallel universes, such as Prime Earth and the Golden Age Timeline, spelled it "Madame Fatal."
- Madam Fatal was the first and probably only habitually crossdressing superhero.
- Madam Fatal's only New Earth appearance was as a tombstone in Valhalla Cemetery.
- Madam Fatal's only Prime Earth appearance was in a "Times Past" flashback story.
- 22 Appearances of Richard Stanton (Quality Universe)
- 3 Images featuring Richard Stanton (Quality Universe)
- 3 Quotations by or about Richard Stanton (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Richard Stanton (Quality Universe)