Rip Roar was a resident of Apokolips in the distant past, who stole a New Genesis 'Super-Cycle' and imprinted himself onto it so that it would follow his commands, shortly before he was sealed away and trapped on Earth. He remained locked up for centuries until new super-team Young Justice accidentally reactivated the Super-Cycle, which obeyed its last programmed function and released him from his imprisonment. Despite their best efforts, Superboy, Red Tornado and Impulse were unable to defeat Rip Roar, but Robin was able to break his will by asking the Super-Cycle to choose between Robin and Rip Roar. Faced with the revelation that the Super-Cycle that had been imprinted with his own identity had rejected him- essentially meaning that he rejected himself-, Rip Roar froze himself into rock.
- New God Physiology
- Immortality Rip Roar is more than 2000 years old.
- Self-Sustenance: Rip Roar spent 2000 years trapped in rock without air or food.
- Superhuman Strength: Rip Roar was able to hurt the likes of Red Tornado and Superboy.
- Superhuman Durability: He could resist the touch of lava and the attacks of Superboy and Red Tornado.
- Cryokinesis: His touch could freeze the ground.
- Pyrokinesis: Rip Roar has the ability to project fire.
- 4 Appearances of Rip Roar (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Rip Roar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Rip Roar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Rip Roar (New Earth)
|Young Justice Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Young Justice. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Young Justice Villains."
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.