Ripley "Rip" Jagger was a sergeant in the United States Army during World War II. He rescued the daughter of a Pacific island chief and in return was taught the martial art of Judo. Jagger used his judo mastery to become the commando superhero Judomaster, frequently operating solo behind enemy lines in the Pacific theater.
After WWII, Judomaster remained young due to living in the hidden city of Nanda Parbat. He left his retreat to face his old sidekick who had become the villainous Avatar, who was threatening world peace.
Judomaster was killed when he took part in the giant Battle of Metropolis, during which the supervillain Bane broke his back. Judomaster's death left an impact on his son, Thomas Jagger, an agent of Checkmate, who would later come into conflict with his father's killer, but resisted his desire to avenge Judomaster for honor and instead defeated Bane in a fight.
- In most appearances, Judomaster is referred to as Rip Jagger. The first appearance of any name besides Rip is Living Assault Weapons #1 where he is called Ripley Jagger. Later, in Justice Society of America (Volume 3) #11, his name is given as Hadley Jagger.
- 23 Appearances of Ripley Jagger (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Ripley Jagger (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ripley Jagger (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ripley Jagger (New Earth)
Copy Edit Needed
|All-Star Squadron member|
This character is or was a member of the All-Star Squadron in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "All-Star Squadron members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.