Ripper Jones was a member of a small criminal gang run by the Johnny Thunder of Earth-One. When Thunder gained control of the Thunderbolt and used it to temporarily reshape Earth-One resulting in several heroes retroactively ceasing to exist, Ripper was one of those that received the powers of one of the heroes. In his case he gained the powers of Superman.
- Justice League of America #38 is not clear on exactly how Ripper and the others gained the powers. While the magic of the Thunderbolt was invoked, it is not clear what "substituting" Ripper for Kal-El meant. As the Superman of Earth-A, Ripper exhibited a few Kryptonian-like powers but was not specifically identified as have been transformed into a Kryptonian.
- This version of Superman, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Ripper Jones (Earth-A)
- 4 Images featuring Ripper Jones (Earth-A)
- Quotations by or about Ripper Jones (Earth-A)
- Character Gallery: Ripper Jones (Earth-A)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.