Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Elasti-Girl is a member of the Doom Patrol.
Rita Farr was a famous actress until she was exposed to a strange gas and her cellular structure was broken down. She was later saved by Niles Caulder.
Rita then went onto join Caulder's team, the Doom Patrol. The team later went on a mission to capture the Ring of Volthoom, which had attached itself to a woman named Jessica Cruz. Lex Luthor later revealed to Caulder that he knew that the accidents that led to the creation of the Doom Patrol were orchestrated by Caulder himself.
Main article: Doomsday Clock Vol 1
After Superman is framed and rendered comatose, Rita Farr joined the group of heroes heading towards Mars to confront their mysterious enemy. The heroes meet and engage Doctor Manhattan, but they are easily defeated.
Powers and Abilities
- Acting: Rita Farr was a famous actress before joining the Doom Patrol.
- Rita Farr was created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani, first appearing as part of the Doom Patrol in My Greatest Adventure Vol 1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity her first appearance as part of the New 52 DC Universe is in Justice League Vol 2 #31 by Geoff Johns and Dough Mahnke.
- In her first full appearence in Justice League (Volume 2) #32, she was named "Rita Starr" by Element Woman. However, in the next issue and thereafter, she was named "Rita Farr" like her previous versions.
- 31 Appearances of Rita Farr (Prime Earth)
- 11 Images featuring Rita Farr (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Rita Farr (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Rita Farr (Prime Earth)
Doom Patrol member