Robert Mason was disinherited by his scientist father and disappeared, but eventually resurfaced as a costumed outlaw called The Jester.
In the early 1940s, Robert "The Jester" Mason was wanted by the police already, when a criminal gang impersonated him, in order to steal a secret formula from Robert's father, Professor Mason. At the critical moment, the Jester stepped in to defeat them, and rescued his father and Madam Fatal, who was also attempting to crack the case. After they both took on the thugs, Madam Fatal let the Jester go, even though he was wanted by the police for his earlier crimes.
Before departing, they shook hands, and Madam Fatal deduced the Jester's true identity by noticing a scar on his hand. He realized it matched the one in a photo, that he saw earlier, in the professor's lab of his missing son — Robert Mason. His father never knew that it was his own son who rescued him from the kidnappers.
- This version of the Jester, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Debuting in Crack Comics #10, Robert Mason predates Quality Comics' other, better known Jester, Chuck Lane. This Jester was an adversary of Madam Fatal.
- Robert has a scar on back of his right hand.
- 1 Appearances of Robert Mason (Quality Universe)
- 2 Images featuring Robert Mason (Quality Universe)
- Quotations by or about Robert Mason (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Robert Mason (Quality Universe)