"Better Angels": From a distance Damian watches as his amnesiac father looks after children not too dissimilar from himself. Watching over Bruce, Damian swears to uphold the legacy of the Batman and of his father.
Appearing in "Better Angels"
- Alfred the Cat
- Bats (Cameo)
- Bruce Wayne
- Julia Madison (Cameo)
- NoBody (Morgan Ducard) (In a vision)
- Talia al Ghul (In a vision)
- Titus the Dog
- Gotham City
- O.H.I.O. (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Better Angels"
At the harbor some old enemies of Robin's are robbing a flea market but Damian soon apprehends them but not before noticing activity underwater near where Morgan Ducard's boat sank. Damian dives down and finds two men disposing of all the debris dressed similarly to No-Body. As the three fight Damian's synapses are disturbed by the men's sonic weapon and he is subjected to a hallucinogenic attack and sees visions of himself and the people he has killed but a vision of his father bolsters his spirit and, just before he passes out, Goliath dives down into the harbor to rescue him.
As the two agents escape Goliath unleashes a sonic attack to capture them and they reveal that they have been working for Maya Ducard to help her fade away and to give her some freedom by destroying all the links to her past.
Damian and Goliath eventually track Maya down and can see her happy with her new life and they leave her alone. Turning back to the city, Damian initiates Goliath officially into the Bat-Family and introduces him to the other Bat-animals.
- This book was first published on February 17, 2016.
- No special notes.
- Robin having Goliath recite an oath is a reference to Dick Grayson's oath from Nightwing (Volume 2) #152.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Robin: Son of Batman Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin: Son of Batman series
- Images from Robin: Son of Batman Vol 1 9