"Ransom Demands": Robin begins investigating a string of kidnappings. All of the missing persons are children and teenagers, but moreover, they all hail from some of Gotham's wealthiest families. At Tim's urging, Bruce Wayne publicizes his recent adoption of Tim in the hopes of propping him up a
- You guys ready to be embarrassed on film by Gotham's newest teen crimefighter? Let's dance!
- — Dodge
Appearing in "Ransom Demands"
- Torrance (kidnapper)
- Jared Walton (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Ransom Demands"
Robin begins investigating a string of kidnappings. All of the missing persons are children and teenagers, but moreover, they all hail from some of Gotham's wealthiest families. At Tim's urging, Bruce Wayne publicizes his recent adoption of Tim in the hopes of propping him up as a potential victim.
Robin patrols the streets hoping to get a bead on the kidnappers. He locates them in the midst of a crime and tries to stop them but for the inopportune appearance of Dodge. Dodge's constant teleporting fouls up Robin's plan and the kidnappers escape. Robin considers him a life-threatening menace and warns him once again to retire his masked identity. Dodge tells him that he's unstoppable and teleports away.
The following day at school, Tim and Zoanne meet Jared Walton, a competitive rich kid who openly boasts about his family's wealth. During lunch, they drive down to Wackdonals – a popular fast food eatery. The kidnappers pull into the parking lot with their van and grab Tim and Jared. Although blindfolded, Tim is able to determine where the van is taking them based upon the sounds of the road, and the shifting weight of the vehicle.
At the hideout, Tim's blindfold is removed and he meets the ringleader, Torrance. He makes a break for it and escapes into another section of the compound where he changes into his Robin costume. He then begins making his way back to the main room. Suddenly, Dodge appears in the middle of the building ready to fight. The kidnappers draw their guns on him as Robin watches from overhead.
- This issue is reprinted in the Robin: Teenage Wasteland collection.
- Robin makes reference to his shoulder injury in this issue. He injured his shoulder fighting Batgirl during the events of Wanted in Robin (Volume 2) #151.
- Discuss Robin Vol 2 154 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin series
- Images from Robin Vol 2 154
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 2)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)