"Contagion, Part Eleven: Bitter Dregs": Nightwing races to the Batcave with the cure for the Clench, but Alfred tells him that it is too late for Robin. However, when he sees Batman and a cured Tim, Nightwing realizes Alfred was only bluffing. Meanwhile, the state governor
- It's official, folks. You've got Jim Gordon to kick around again.
Appearing in "Contagion, Part Eleven: Bitter Dregs"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Ariana Dzerchenko
- Dana Winters
- Gotham City Police Department
- Jack Drake
- Marion Grange
- Armand Krol
- "E Street" Gang
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Eleven: Bitter Dregs"
Nightwing races to the Batcave with the cure for the Clench, but Alfred tells him that it is too late for Robin. However, when he sees Batman and a cured Tim, Nightwing realizes Alfred was only bluffing. Meanwhile, the state governor has sworn in newly-elected mayor Marion Grange ahead of schedule, and she has reinstated James Gordon as police commissioner. Robin heads back home, taking a detour to deal with gang who refuse to let the cure into their area, teaming up once more with Catwoman. When he returns home, his family are relieved to see him again, as is Ariana, whom Tim is particularly surprised to see.
- This is the eleventh and last part of the Batman: Contagion storyline.
- This issue takes place after the events of Azrael #16.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition, except for the last page, and in the 2016 edition, complete.
- No trivia.
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 2)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.