"The World Around the Corner": Robin realizes that his father, Jack, has turned his runaway situation into a national event. However, Batman thinks that the situation could provide them the chance they need to c
Synopsis for "The World Around the Corner"
Robin realizes that his father, Jack, has turned his runaway situation into a national event. However, Batman thinks that the situation could provide them the chance they need to change Gotham's situation.
At Jack Drake's place, some Federal Marshals arrive and tell Jack about a rescue mission they are planning to get Tim out of Gotham. When Robin calls his father, he is told about the mission and one of the officers talks to him and they arrange the meeting place, the time and the situation for his rescue. Batman arranges that Batgirl go with Tim and make sure that the rescue mission is successful.
The news of Tim's rescue is all over the TV and a street gang in Gotham learns about it. They decide that it is their golden opportunity to take weapons and vehicles from the Marshals.
Robin and Batgirl arrive at the rescuing place with enough time to check the area and clear it in case it is needed. When they clear the area, Robin changes his clothes and dresses as Tim Drake. The Marshal's helicopter hovers over the extraction point and as one of the marshals descends to take Tim, the street gang attacks them. Batgirl arrives in time to stop the gang from reaching the helicopter. The marshals take off with Tim and Batgirl hanging from a rope. Batgirl jumps down and lands softly thanks to her acrobatic skills. The gang is now out of reach and Tim is already thinking about the punishment his father is preparing for him while Batgirl stares at the helicopter, making sure that everything is fine.
Appearing in "The World Around the Corner"
- Hermanos (Single appearance)
- The events of this issue take place after Robin #72. No Man's Land continues in Catwoman #75.
- This is the last Robin issue part of the No Man's Land storyline.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: No Man's Land (2011/2012 Edition) Vol 4.
- In this issue, Tim Drake is taken out of Gotham. However, Robin appears in the city during the last issues of the crossover.
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 2)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.