Appearing in "A Life More Ordinary"
- Bernard Dowd
- Crystal Brown
- Gerald Lieber (Only appearance; dies)
- Louise Lieber (Only appearance; dies)
- Michael William Lieber (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "A Life More Ordinary"
Meanwhile, Scarab has narrowed the sample of people who might be Robin to twelve teens that she is going to look for.
Tim continues with his normal life, going over friend's places to study and attending Louis E. Grieve Memorial High School. One day, Spoiler decides to check up on her boyfriend at his school. Darla Aquista, one of Tim's schoolmates who has been trying to convince the uninterested and already dating Tim to date her, surprises Tim with a forced kiss when he is distracted and Spoiler sees what looks like her boyfriend being unfaithful to her and runs away angry. However, Tim rejected Darla and reiterated to her that he is already in a relationship he has no intention of breaking off. Following this assault Tim begins completely avoiding Darla altogether.
Three days later, Crystal, Steph's mom, notices that her daughter has not left her room at all and Stephanie explains that she is angry and as a result she is skulking and sewing.
Some time later at the Wayne Manor at night, the intruder alarm in the Batcave activates, forcing Bruce and Alfred to go to the cave and discover who has entered. Batman is surprised to see Stephanie calling herself Robin and wearing a homemade Robin costume. Batman vocally disapproves and Stephanie fears the worst. However, Batman was disapproving the homemade costume, but he claims to actually like the idea of having Stephanie as Robin. After a brief discussion with Alfred, who opposes to Steph being Robin, it's settled and they give Stephanie a proper Robin outfit.
Meanwhile, Scarab has claimed the first victim of the list of possible Robins. However, after searching the young man's house, she couldn't find any evidence that linked him to Robin, so she decides to start looking for the next man on the list.
As time passes Tim hasn't heard from Stephanie for a while and she's never at home when he calls. During this time, Stephanie follows an strict training routine under Batman's supervision in order to be prepared for the work on the field which has curtailed her social life.
After a while, Tim decides to give Darla a second chance as a friend and he invites her to join him for lunch. At the same time, Batman and Robin, the girl wonder, are now working as a team on the streets of Gotham.
- This book was first published on May 19, 2004.
- This issue is collected in the Batman: War Drums graphic novel and Robin, the Boy Wonder: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- First appearance of Stephanie Brown as Robin.
- The tagline to this issue is, "Robin, the Girl Wonder!"
- Bernard Dowd takes an X-Box videogame of Batman and Robin, completely unauthorized, to Tim's house, just after he retired from being Robin.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Robin Vol 4 126 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin series
- Images from Robin Vol 4 126
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 4)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)
Links and References
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.