"Robin Dies at Dawn!": Lady Shiva arrives in Gotham and challenges Robin to a fight to the death, which he must accept. Tim prepares for dying, and tries to make peace with those in his life. The Bat-Signal is restored from the "Robin Signal" as Tim believes
- Gotham City needs someone wearing the cowl. The obvious candidate will step up soon enough. Until then, the city has me.
- -- Tim Drake
Appearing in "Robin Dies at Dawn!"
- Outsiders (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "Robin Dies at Dawn!"
Lady Shiva arrives in Gotham and challenges Robin to a fight to the death, which he must accept. Tim prepares for dying, and tries to make peace with those in his life. The Bat-Signal is restored from the "Robin Signal" as Tim believes Gotham must think Batman is alive. Jason Todd enters the Batcave to view Bruce Wayne's video will. Jamie Harper and Jason Bard go on a date. Tim breaks up with Zoanne over the phone, calls his best friend Ives, and tries to reconcile with Stephanie but she doesn't pick up. He worries about becoming closed off and obsessive like Batman, but that might be the only way to match the mania of his villains. Robin finally confronts Shiva, and she breaks three of his ribs in the first strike. However, he reveals that he poisoned her food earlier in the day. Her heart rate rises in the fight, and she's instantly paralyzed. Nightwing congratulates him, and Robin looks forward optimistically to the future of Gotham.
Appearing in "Origins & Omens"
Synopsis for "Origins & Omens"
Robin travels to Haiti when the Obeah Man finally gets out of prison. He plans on taking revenge against Obeah for killing his birth mother. Obeah has already killed again and is practicing voodoo rituals. The hallucinogen he uses causes Robin to see his parents, Jack and Janet Drake. They taunt Tim and ask him why he couldn't save them. Robin easily overcomes this and takes Obeah down. He returns with him to Gotham, where extradition lawyers will make sure he's in jail for the rest of his life. Scar looks over Tim's future in the Book of the Black. She sees Jason Todd pointing a gun, Tim fighting Dick, Damian Wayne at Ra's al Ghul's side, and the return of Anarky.
- The title of the story is a reference to Batman #156, which has the same name.
- The cover of this issue is based on the cover art of Robin #1.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Robin Vol 4 183 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin series
- Images from Robin Vol 4 183
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 4)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)