"The Thin Line": Dawn is near in Gotham City and Robin is out busting muggers and minor criminals. Tim goes back to Brentwood Academy before dawn, hoping to get good news about Bruce's situation, but instead he learns that [[Alfre
Appearing in "The Thin Line"
- Calabash Entertainment Group
- Redboard (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "The Thin Line"
Dawn is near in Gotham City and Robin is out busting muggers and minor criminals. Tim goes back to Brentwood Academy before dawn, hoping to get good news about Bruce's situation, but instead he learns that Alfred is leaving him and going back to Wayne Manor, where Bruce needs him more. Tim feels betrayed but Alfred bestows some wisdom on the young man before leaving.
Tim thinks that with Alfred gone, his life would be really hard at Brentwood, but it turns out that everything goes smootly. Tim and Kip are walking to their next class, some men in a black limousine are keeping a close eye on them.
At that moment, Jack Drake gets home and finds Whit Baker waiting for him. Baker is Drake's financial advisor and he has really bad news for Jack. His stock took a tumble and now he is buried with debts. Baker tells him that he is going to have to sell the house, and spending less overall so he can pay all his debts. Jack knows that this means that Tim won't be able to stay at Brentwood and he thinks that the news are going to be "painful" for Tim.
Meanwhile, Spoiler races to the Batcave, looking for Batman, but when she arrives, she finds that the secret entrance has been protected and sealed from any intruders, friends or foes. She is irritated by Batman's lack of communication but then she realizes that Batgirl is also locked outside the cave. Spoiler finds it difficult to believe that Batman is keeping all of them away and then she thinks about someone who might be able to help her.
Moments later, at Brentwood Academy, Tim and Kip are making homework when a couple of armed men burst in their room and kidnap Kip and also take his computer. Tim tries to stay calm and play dumb but he thinks that this time he needs to drop the act and help kip. However, when he was about to attack the kidnappers, Buzz enters the room and hits Tim with the door, stunning him for a few seconds, but enought time for the kidnappers to get away with Kip. Tim recovers, goes to his room and grabs his bag with the suit inside and he tells Wes to call the police and notify the abduction of Kip Kettering. Tim tries his best to catch the limousine but the thugs start shooting at him and some of the bullets hit Tim, casing him to fall to the ground unconscious.
- This book was first published on January 23, 2002.
- This is the sixth part of the storyline titled Bruce Wayne: Murderer?. The previous chapter is Birds of Prey #39 and the story continues in Batman #599.
- There is a special thanks to Esther Nevlin.
- The events of this issue are incongruent to the reading order. Some of the events of this issue already happened in the previous issues:
- Alfred left Tim in Part One: Detective Comics #766
- Stephanie already searched for Batman and then she decided to look for help with Black Canary on Part Five: Birds of Prey #39
- Batgirl is unable to get into the Batcave. However, she used the Batcomputer to learn Bruce's secret identity on Part Three: Batgirl #24
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Robin Vol 4 98 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Robin series
- Images from Robin Vol 4 98
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 4)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Bruce Wayne: Fugitive Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the Bruce Wayne: Murderer? and Bruce Wayne: Fugitive story that went through every Batman Family title in 2002. Bruce Wayne was framed for the murder of his love interest Vesper Fairchild and forced to go on the run from the law so he could prove his innocence. This adventure almost completely compromised his identity from the inside.