Doctor Togg was an enemy of Hourman.
In his secret laboratory on Wide Island, off the New England Coast, Dr. Rocco Togg genetically engineered several monstrous new species of animals, and used them to commit some serious crimes. Hourman and his Minutemen put him out of business, explosively and seemingly fatally, but Togg's apparent death was faked, using his "Radiofoto" invention.
- Togg developed a precursor form of a television, called the Radiofoto.
- Togg's later work made use of another invention, the Monstroscopic Lamp.
- Science Doctor Togg created at least two new species:
- Gombezi, a race of talking winged dogs, with thick slippery bullet-resistant hides, that were smart enough to carry out complicated crimes.
- unnamed guard beasts, a dangerous buzzard-wolf hybrid.
- This version of Doctor Togg, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 13 Appearances of Rocco Togg (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Rocco Togg (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Rocco Togg (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Rocco Togg (New Earth)