Roderick Rose was mutated into the Hellgrammite, a giant insect.
Originally an entomologist named Roderick Rose, the Hellgrammite subjected himself to a mutagenic process that transformed him into a grasshopper-like humanoid insect possessing superhuman strength and leaping abilities, the power to secrete adhesives and weave transformative or imprisoning cocoons, and a durable exoskeleton. A number of his schemes revolved around transforming others into weaker, subordinate versions of himself, leading to clashes with Batman and The Creeper, Green Arrow, Black Canary and Superman.
During the Underworld Unleashed, he made a deal with Neron, trading his soul in return for increased physical powers and an improved ability to transform others into his larvae.
- Unique Physiology
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 31 Appearances of Roderick Rose (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Roderick Rose (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roderick Rose (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roderick Rose (New Earth)
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Hellgrammite (comics). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."