In 2957, Batman, Kal-El and Robin were discovered in suspended animation in a cave, having been frozen 1,000 years earlier by Dick Harbin. After verifying their identities, the scientists who discovered the three heroes offered to send them back to their own time using a time ray if they recovered it as it had recently been stolen by Rohtul. However, the Man of Steel and the Caped Crusaders failed in their attempt to capture Rohtul and his men. Before they could begin searching the known universe for their foe, it was announced that the united worlds of this era wanted to put on a parade in the heroes' honor. When they did so, Rohtul and his men sent robots to distract Superman, Batman and Robin while they stole a hydrogen generator from another lab.
Realizing that Rohtul would rob any great scientific discovery, Superman and Batman disguised themselves as Kent Clark and Wayne Bruce, two scientists who discovered a device that could neutralize any ray. Rohtul fell for this ruse and sent his men to steal it. The three heroes easily defeated the crooks and, disguising their ship as a meteor, flew to Rohtul's base where they defeated the crooks and turned Rohtul over to the authorities. Upon investigating Rohtul's cache of stolen devices, they failed to find the time machine. Lora, one of the Earth scientists bursts into tears, admitting that she hid the time device so that she could convince Superman to stay in the future. However, the three heroes were determined to return to their own time and used the time machine to return to one minute before Harbin sprung his trap.
- This version of Rohtul (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Rohtul (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Rohtul (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Rohtul (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Rohtul (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."