Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Transformation: Using an improved version of the Blockbuster Serum developed by his brother, Roland could transform into a hulking powerhouse while still retaining his full intellect.
- Business Management: Roland rose to become the owner and general manager of the Marcus Casino and was selected to be a speaker for the Business Leaders of Tomorrow Forum in Bludhaven.
- Deception: Roland effectively manipulated both Nightwing and Tiger Shark in a successful bid to take over the Marcus Casino and the Blüdhaven underworld.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Roland was able to parry a coordinated melee assault from Nightwing and outbrawl several aggressors hopped-up on the Blockbuster Serum.
- Tactical Analysis
- Thievery: Roland's thieving exploits ranged from picking pockets to robbing banks.
- Power Instability: Remaining in his Blockbuster state for prolonged periods put a strain on Roland's body and resulted in pain.
- Blockbuster Serum
- Roland Desmond was created by Gardner Fox, Carmine Infantino, and Phil Bourassa, first appearing in Detective Comics #345. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Roland Desmond first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Nightwing (Volume 4) #22 by Tim Seeley.
- 12 Appearances of Roland Desmond (Prime Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Roland Desmond (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roland Desmond (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roland Desmond (Prime Earth)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.