Roy G. Bivolo was a wonderful painter from an early age. He was also color blind, however. His father, a famous optometrist, was determined to create a device that would allow his son to see in full color, but Roy did not receive this gift until his father died. Unfortunately, the goggles did not correct his vision. What they did do was project beams of light that could become solid objects, make him invisible, blind his opponents, or affect the emotions of his opponents. Angered that he could not pursue a career in art, he turned to crime instead, becoming one of the Flash's Rogues Gallery as the Rainbow Raider. He also clashed with Batman and the Flash when he worked in partnership with Doctor Double X. He was eventually killed by Amunet Black.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- After Bivolo's death, his gimmick was stolen by a gang of villains called the Rainbow Raiders.
- The first seven letters of Roy's full name comprise a pun corresponding to the seven colours within the visible spectrum of light; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
- Bivolo's condition is a real affliction called achromatopsia, or total color-blindness.
- 35 Appearances of Roy G. Bivolo (New Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Roy G. Bivolo (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roy G. Bivolo (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roy G. Bivolo (New Earth)
- Rainbow Raider at dccomics.com
- Rainbow Raider at Wikipedia.org
- Rainbow Raider at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Rainbow Raider at Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."