Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Chroma was present when Central City had been taken over by Gorilla Grodd and his army of apes. When Tar Pit, Girder and Chroma appealed to Grodd for a share of control of the city, Chroma was brutally murdered and had his head mounted on a pike.
Due to universal meddling by Doctor Manhattan, the timeline was flexible and changes to history rippled across the world. Among the inexplicable changes was that Bivolo was revived, now going by the alias Rainbow Raider.
Rainbow Raider was first seen attacking the airport of Central City, then strolling in Zandia, and later robbing jewelry stores with Tar Pit until they were both stopped by Flash.
Powers and Abilities
- Prisma-Beam: Bivolo can shoot a rainbow ray with his hands.
- Prisma Goggles
- Rainbow Raider was created by Cary Bates and Don Heck, first appearing in The Flash #286. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Rainbow Raider first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Flash (Volume 4) #23.1: Grodd by Brian Buccellato and Chris Batista.
- The first seven letters of Roy's full name comprise a pun corresponding to the seven colours within the visible spectrum of light; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
- 13 Appearances of Roy G. Bivolo (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Roy G. Bivolo (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roy G. Bivolo (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Roy G. Bivolo (Prime Earth)