The boyfriend of Oliver Queen's sister Thea, Roy Harper was abducted by Brother Blood's minions after investigating too deep into Blood's criminal plans. Harper was experimented on by Blood who aimed to perfect the experimental drug Mirakuru for Slade Wilson. Harper was eventually rescued by the Arrow and discovered that he had gained superhuman strength and stamina from the Mirakuru. Unable to control his new powers and rage that came as a side effect, Harper went to the vigilante for guidance.
With the Arrow, Harper learned acrobatics and fighting skills, as well as experience with a bow. However, because of the Mirakuru, Harper was still unstable.
- Mirakuru-Enhanced Powers: Due to his injection with Mirakuru, Roy has shown the following powers:
- Missing Limb
- Trypanophobia: Roy is afraid of needles.
- Mirakuru Side Effects: (Formerly) The Mirakuru drug has at least two known side effects which is heightened aggression meaning Roy has a much more difficult time keeping his anger under control and schizophrenia meaning Roy sees and hears things that aren't really there.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Arrow, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Roy Harper/Speedy. The original character was created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73.
- Roy Harper is portrayed by Colton Haynes.
- 78 Appearances of Roy Harper (Arrowverse)
- 11 Images featuring Roy Harper (Arrowverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Roy Harper (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Roy Harper (Arrowverse)
|Team Arrow member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Arrow family of vigilante super-heroes, who fight crime using archery and martial arts. They are a loose connection brought together through family bonds and shared experiences. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Team Arrow members."