"Running the Clock, Part III of VI": Having escaped from the DEO attack helicopter, Rush and the Black Canary decide to join forces. Speeding away in Sam, they quickly find themselves pursued by Gearhead. Rush releases a miniature
- Friday night in the big city. Joyriding with a hot blonde. What's not to like?
- — Rush
Appearing in "Running the Clock, Part III of VI"
- Johnson (Single appearance)
- Anatol Arraza (Final appearance)
- Valentina Arraza (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "Running the Clock, Part III of VI"
Having escaped from the DEO attack helicopter, Rush and the Black Canary decide to join forces. Speeding away in Sam, they quickly find themselves pursued by Gearhead. Rush releases a miniature facsimile of Sam from the undercarriage of his car. The "Little Sammi" zeroes in on Gearhead's car and releases a burst of electromagnetic energy. The EM pulse fries Gearhead's circuitry, sending a spike of energy directly into his brain. Although the frame of his car is nearly destroyed, Gearhead revives and manages to drive away.
Black Canary parts company with Rush, leaving him in charge of taking care of Anatol. As he tries to keep the walking time-bomb safe, he finds that Gearhead is back for more. Metal drills and circular saws protrude from the front of Gearhead's engine and begin attacking Sam. Rush squeezes off a few shots with his 9mm, but finds that his trusty fire axe is more effective at severing Gearhead's cybernetic attachments. Black Canary returns to the fight to give Rush a helping hand.
With Gearhead seemingly out of the way for good, Rush is able to get Anatol treated, and the bio-weapon is removed.
- Rush City is a six-issue limited series.
- Black Canary is heard speaking to someone over her communicator earrings. Although the person on the other line is never referenced by name, it is doubtlessly, Oracle, Black Canary's teammate in the Birds of Prey.
- Rush appears in a flashback scene in the hospital following the primary events from the Rush City #0 web-comic.
- First appearance of "Little Sammi", a miniature version of Sam.
- The tagline for this issue is, "Dames, Trains and Automobiles!".
- Discuss Rush City Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Rush City series
- Images from Rush City Vol 1 3