For long distance land excursions through swamps or jungles, the Blackhawks used the Safari-mobile.
In 1957 the Blackhawks first deployed the Safari-mobile, shipping it to Mombasa, Kenya, and driving it north, toward Nairobi, searching for one missing Blackhawk, Stanislaus, and his crashed F-90.
- The color scheme of the Safari-mobile varied considerably. Sometimes it was green, other times it was gray, and often it sported a garish yellow and red scheme.
- This vehicle's design's "ancestry" may include an earlier experimental vehicle, developed for the Blackhawks, the "Aqua-Tank," seen in panels 2, 3, & 4 of page 3 of the 3rd story in Blackhawk #117. That design failed an important test, at that competition, but this may have been due to fraud on the part of one of the contestants, who turned out to be a super villain.
- One Safari-mobile was destroyed in the 3rd story in Blackhawk #121.
- Appearances of Safari-mobile
- Vehicle Gallery: Safari-mobile
- Catalogued images related to Safari-mobile
Links and References