Sally Jupiter, born Juspeczyk, was the vigilante Silk Spectre in the 1930s and 40s. She was the mother of the second, Laurie Juspeczyk.
As Silk Spectre, Juspeczyk adopted the Americanized name "Jupiter", donning a costume derived from her burlesque days. Her single glove covered the acid-burn scars on her arm. A media darling, she gained massive amounts of publicity, much to the thrill of her manager.
She pretended to be romantically connected to Hooded Justice, in order to hide the latter's homosexuality from the public.
When she decided to scale back her crime-fighting career, her manager suggested a film career; a career that ultimately tanked.
Despite her early sensational successes as a member of the Minutemen, her life was wrought with personal strife. Juspeczyk was sexually assaulted by the Comedian in the Minutemen's headquarters, and was only saved by Hooded Justice's intervention.
- Weaponry: Skilled with brass knuckles, knives etc.
- Throwing: Originally used a lasso which she threw at opponents with skill.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Over the years, Sally became skilled in hand to hand combat using trickery, deception and her overall agility and gymnastic ability to overcome opponents, becoming skilled in grappling, and utilizing such methods as wrestling, jujitsu, judo and kickboxing as well as street fighting techniques taught to her by the rest of the minutemen into her style.
- Sally dyed her hair red during her crime-fighting career and blond during her retirement years. She may also have wore blue contacts during her heroic years.
- Sally wears a long black glove on her arm to hide acid burn scars.
- Sally was nicknamed Jackknife Sally and Savage Sally by the press.
- 18 Appearances of Sally Juspeczyk (Watchmen)
- 7 Images featuring Sally Juspeczyk (Watchmen)
- 3 Quotations by or about Sally Juspeczyk (Watchmen)
- Character Gallery: Sally Juspeczyk (Watchmen)