Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Sam Simeon used to be an A.R.G.U.S. scientist with his partner Angel O'Day. Together, they researched the DNA of talking gorillas from Gorilla City. However, after an accident one day, Sam was turned into a gorilla himself and left A.R.G.U.S.
When the Justice League was seemingly killed by the Crime Syndicate, Simeon, now going as "Primape" was partially mind-controlled by the Cheetah using Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth to do her bidding with the rest of her Menagerie.
- Gorilla Physiology: Sam Simeon used to be a human but, after a science experiment accident, he was turned into a gorilla.
- Science: Simeon was a scientist before being turned into a gorilla.
- Sam Simeon was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Bob Oksner, first appearing in Showcase #77. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Sam Simeon first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #5 by Sterling Gates and Neil Edwards.
- 2 Appearances of Sam Simeon (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Sam Simeon (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Sam Simeon (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sam Simeon (Prime Earth)