"Sleep of Reason": 1997
- Think you can make it through today without creating an international incident?
Sandman Mystery Theatre: Sleep of Reason #1 is an issue of the series Sandman Mystery Theatre: Sleep of Reason (Volume 1) with a cover date of February, 2007.
Appearing in "Sleep of Reason"
- Kieran Marshall (First appearance)
- Masad (a terrorist)
- Devon (an army Master Sergeant)
- MacGilveray (a soldier) (Only appearance; dies)
- Gas mask
- Gas gun
Synopsis for "Sleep of Reason"
Embedded reporter Kieran Marshall accompanies a squad of American army personnel under the command of Master Sergeant Devon. While taking pictures of the war-torn countryside, he finds himself exposed to a firefight between American soldiers and Afghani rebels. One of the soldiers, MacGilveray, is killed during the attack.
After the fighting settles down, Kieran reveals that he is trying to score an interview with an Afghani leader named Masad. Networking through a civilian shield, Kieran finally meets with Masad, but the terrorist leader captures him, declaring that he will use him as bait to lure American soldiers into a trap. He also plans to force Kieran to film the soldiers' executions.
As predicted, Master Sergeant Devon and his men raid Masad's location. A firefight breaks out, and during the melee, Kieran finds an antique gas gun. A strange power appears to take control of him, and he leaps to Devon's aid.
- Sandman Mystery Theatre: Sleep of Reason is a five-issue limited series published under DC's Vertigo imprint.
- The Sandman appears as Wesley Dodds only in this issue.
- Wesley Dodds chronoloigcally appeared last in Starman (Volume 2) #30. He chronologically appears next in JSA Secret Files and Origins #1.
- Dian Belmont chronoloigcally appeared last in Starman (Volume 2) #30. She chronologically appears next in JSA Secret Files and Origins #1.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Sandman Mystery Theatre: Sleep of Reason Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Sandman Mystery Theatre: Sleep of Reason series