Sandra "Sandy" Knight was a senator's daughter and wealthy socialite who fought crime and espionage in the early 1940s, as the Phantom Lady.
Miss Knight's fiancé Don Borden worked at the U.S. State Department's Counter-Espionage Division. He frequently was a source of valuable tip-offs and clues for the Phantom Lady's vigilante career.
Powers and Abilities
- Aviation: She could fly a single-engine seaplane  and an autogiro.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic)
- Lock-Picking: She could pick a door lock with a hairpin.
- Throwing: Phantom Lady once killed a gunman by throwing a fencing foil through his torso.
- The Phantom Lady's "Black Lantern" cast a cone of "thick black light", and was typically used to blind her adversaries. The device resembled an ordinary flashlight, and was not built into a set of wrist bands, unlike that of the Earth-Two Phantom Lady.
- Also unlike her Earth-Two counterpart, this Phantom Lady's costume had no "Black Ray Goggles", or any other kind of mask. She could see into the black-light cone from the outside, and relied on skill to operate inside it, when necessary.
- sleek roadster
- Black Lantern
- In 1956, DC Comics obtained the rights to the Quality Comics characters, and re-introduced them 17 years later as the Freedom Fighters in Justice League of America #107 (October 1973).
- In 1981, some Quality Characters became recurring guest-stars of All-Star Squadron, a superhero-team title set on "Earth-Two", the locale for DC's WWII-era superheroes, and at a time prior to when the Freedom Fighters were supposed to have left for Earth-X. They later appeared with the rest of DC's superheroes in Crisis on Infinite Earths, a story that was intended to eliminate the confusing histories that DC had attached to its characters by retroactively merging the various parallel worlds into one. The Freedom Fighters became a mere splinter group of the All-Star Squadron.
- This version of the Phantom Lady lived in the Quality Universe. She never met nor joined the All-Star Squadron nor the Freedom Fighters.
- In Feature Comics #69 and Police Comics #21, Spider Widow and Phantom Lady made two of the very few crossover appearances ever published by Quality Comics.
- 49 Appearances of Sandra Knight (Quality Universe)
- 3 Images featuring Sandra Knight (Quality Universe)
- 2 Quotations by or about Sandra Knight (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Sandra Knight (Quality Universe)
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XVIII
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Quality Years, Pt. 1
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Quality Years, Pt. 2
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Fox Years, Pt. 1
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Fox Years, Pt. 2
- Digital Comic Museum: Phantom Lady Archive-The Fox Years, Pt. 3