Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
"Sarge" Clay was one of the members of the Losers, a World War II-era American military group that was often tasked with the more surreal missions of the war. At some point, he perished during a mission on Dinosaur Island along with most of the rest of the team.
- Sarge Clay was created by Robert Kanigher and Jerry Grandenetti, first appearing in Our Fighting Forces #45. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Sarge Clay first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Bug! The Adventures of Forager #2 by Lee Allred and Michael Allred.
- Clay's name was incorrectly put on his epitaph as "Sarge Petersen" in Superman (Volume 4) #8. This would be later be corrected when he appeared in person in Bug! The Adventures of Forager #2.
- 1 Appearances of Sarge Clay (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Sarge Clay (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Sarge Clay (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sarge Clay (Prime Earth)