Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Sarge Steel is an agent of Checkmate. He is put in charge of investigating the OMAC attacks at Project Cadmus when the sentient satellite Brother Eye goes rogue. Maxwell Lord sends him as the leader of a team of elite agents including Maribel and Little Knipper to hunt down OMAC, but their attempt to capture him fails. For this failure, Lord takes him off the assignment and sends Mokkari to take down OMAC instead. Sarge voices his displeasure when they call in S.H.A.D.E.'s top agent Frankenstein to do the job. In Checkmate's last battle against Brother Eye, Steel is called in again to lead his team against OMAC. They fight through Checkmate Headquarters in Mount Rushmore and Steel loses his hand in the fight.
- Sargent Steel was created by Joe Gill and Dick Giordano, first appearing in Sarge Steel #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Sargent Steel first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in OMAC (Volume 4) #2 by Dan DiDio and Keith Giffen.
- 7 Appearances of Sargent Steel (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Sargent Steel (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Sargent Steel (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Sargent Steel (Prime Earth)
|Checkmate Member |
This character was a member of the top secret government organization Checkmate. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Checkmate members" and "Government Agents" categories.