- I am the Future Flash!
- — Savitar src
Savitar was an alternate future time remnant of Barry Allen, who came back to change the timeline and defeat the real Flash.
Savitar was one of the many time remnants of the original Barry Allen/The Flash from a possible future in the year 2020 or 2021 in the Post-Flashpoint timeline, created to help him fight his enemy Savitar in vengeance for killing their fiancee Iris West. However the prime Barry failed to defeat Savitar who slaughtered all the time remnants except for this one. After surviving his encounter Barry was shunned by his prime self, Joe, Wally and Cisco for not being the "true Barry Allen", and was disregarded as a time aberration and a "disposable hero". Grief stricken from Iris' death and isolated from his family and friends Barry was driven insane and sought to end his pain, coming to a realization that "God feels no pain" and aspired to become one.
Travelling through time and space Barry began physically augmenting his speed to unimaginable levels that surpassed that of his prime self. However he became so fast that prolonged running would start to rip his body apart and one of these instances left a large scar on the side of his face. Barry then designed a suit of armor to contain the energy released when he runs and protect himself from being ripped apart, drawing inspiration from Savitar's armor. After this Barry came to the realization that Savitar was in fact his own future self and accepted his destiny, renaming himself "Savitar" after the Hindu God of Motion. He also acquired the Philosopher's stone an object originating from the Speed Force, capable of creating metahumans. Savitar then started travelling through the Multiverse and on each Earth traveled back to ancient times to spread the myth that he was the first speedster. Before arriving on each Earth he would possess somebody and under the alias "Alchemy" would rally followers and would seek out and bestow metahuman powers upon anyone willing to serve him, then laying waste to each Earth. Additionally, any speedster he believed could be a challenge to him he would seek out and kill. Eventually Savitar was hailed as the "God of Speed" and the "ruler" of the Speed Force. He became infamous among other veteran speedsters such as Jay Garrick/The Flash.
After successfully building his reputation as a god, Savitar then traveled back to 2020 to seek revenge on his prime self for his neglect and challenged him. It was during this fight that Flash created the time remnants that included Savitar's younger self. While slaughtering the rest of them, Savitar spared his younger self so he could continue the loop. However much to Savitar's surprise Flash used a device called the Speed Force bazooka that trapped him within a prison in the Speed Force itself, where Savitar relived his worst memory over and over again. After spending centuries there losing his mind Savitar sought to escape and ensure the final stage of ensuring his existence, the death of Iris West. Through the Speed Fore Savitar communicated with Julian Albert in the year 2012 in the form of his dead sister Emma, telling him about the stone and claiming that it could reunite them. When Julian found it in India however Savitar was able to establish a link with Julian and would periodically possess him, making him the new Alchemy of Earth-1. However due to being in the Speed Force Savitar could only possess Julian for a limited time before the Speed Force pulled him back in. His imprisonment also made him invisible to non-speedsters though it didn't stop him being able to physically interact with others.
- Speed Force Conduit: Savitar possessed an incredibly powerful connection to the Speed Force, possibly due to his connection to the Philosopher's Stone. His power in its usage vastly exceeds all other known users to the point that his potency made him claim to be a god and the "ruler" of the Speed Force.
- Superhuman Speed: Savitar possessed vast superhuman speed. He is able to easily dominate other speedsters such as Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, Wally West, and even the younger Barry Allen.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Savitar possessed superhuman reflexes that allow him to easily react to other speedsters.
- Superhuman Agility: Savitar possessed inhuman agility, allowing him to change direction immediately and easily maneuver while moving at immense speed.
- Superhuman Strength: Savitar possessed strength much greater than a normal human, as he was able to effortlessly lift and pin the Flash to a wall with only one hand., as well as send Jay Garrick flying over a building with a single punch.
- Superhuman Stamina: Savitar's body had the ability to handle the stresses of superhuman racing without noticeable distress.
- Superhuman Durability: Savitar's armored exterior granted him inhuman levels of durability, as well as resistance to friction.
- Dimensional Travel: While trapped in the Speed Force, Savitar's speed allowed him to breach through, allowing him to temporarily escape until he is drawn back in.
- Electrokinesis: While moving at superhuman speeds, Savitar generated large amounts of white lightning from his body. Savitar can also absorb electricity directed at him and project it. The intensity of Savitar's raw speed also causes him to generate a lethal static charge, forcing him to wear a protective armor to shield himself from it.
- Geokinesis: Savitar can seemingly cause tremors, due to his immense superhuman speed. 
- Increased Perceptions: The Speed Force granted Savitar enhanced senses that allow him to see, hear, smell, touch and/or taste at an increased speed and understand it as it is processed, as well as easily perceive other speedsters.
- Philosopher's Stone: Savitar's connection to the Philosopher's Stone granted him various abilities.
- Telepathy: Savitar had the power to telepathically communicate to others and project illusions that only they are capable of seeing.
- Possession: Once establishing a strong enough connection to a person, Savitar was able to completely overshadow their actions, turning them into his pawn.
- Invisibility (Formerly): During his time trapped in the Speed Force, Savitar was unable to be seen by anyone who was not also connected to the Speed Force.
- Power Instability: Savitar was so fast, he donned his special, signature suit to keep himself from ripping himself apart when he runs.
- Armor: Savitar wore a mechanical suit of armor. Tracy Brand theorized that the suit was necessary to prevent him from burning himself up from his sheer speed, although this was not confirmed.
- Blade Savitar had a retractable blade on each of his gauntlets.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash and is an adaptation of Savitar. The original character was created by Mark Waid and Oscar Jimenez and first appeared in The Flash (Volume 2) #108.
- Savitar was portrayed by Grant Gustin, but while under the suit he was portrayed by Andre Tricoteux and voiced by Tobin Bell.
- 19 Appearances of Savitar (Arrowverse)
- 5 Images featuring Savitar (Arrowverse)
- 2 Quotations by or about Savitar (Arrowverse)
- Character Gallery: Savitar (Arrowverse)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.