Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Savitar is a rogue speedster and enemy of Wally West.
The Flash/Speed Buggy Special
- Speed Force Conduit: Savitar possesses a connection to the Speed Force, a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. As it does this, the Speed Force creates excess energy that builds up and needs to be released. Savitar, along with all speedsters connected, acts as a release valve for the Speed Force. Being a Speed Force Conduit radically accelerates all aspects of Savitar's being.
- Superhuman Speed: Savitar is capable of moving at vast superhuman speedsfast enough to keep up with the likes of Wally West
- Superhuman Reflexes: Savitar possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. This allows him to easily react to danger and events, and perceive the world in slow motion.
- Superhuman Stamina: Savitar's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for extended periods of time without getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman Agility: Savitar's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily make sharp turns and leap far distances while moving at superhuman speed.
- Speed Force Aura: A speedsters body is surrounded by a "friction cushion", which provides protection from the nastier elements of their speed, including friction, airborne particulate matter, kinetic impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Superhuman Durability: Savitar is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries, making him much more durable than any human.
- Accelerated Healing: Like all conduits of the Speed Force, Savitar is capable of regenerating from injuries much faster than any normal human.
- Electrokinesis: Savitar's body generates large amounts of electrical energy that he draws from the Speed Force. This Speed Force lightning emanates off of him, especially when he moves at super-speed.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Savitar enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned to his reaction speed.
- Time-Travel: Savitar is capable of using his speed to break the time-barrier and travel throughout the timestream.
- Savitar was created by Mark Waid and Oscar Jimenez, first appearing in The Flash Vol 2. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth's The Flash/Speed Buggy Special series.
- 2 Appearances of Savitar (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Savitar (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Savitar (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Savitar (Prime Earth)