Scarecrow is one of Batman's earliest enemies and one of his most deadliest foes. Professor Jonathan Crane was a renowned psychiatrist, but his childhood was plagued by abuse and fear. After reaching adulthood, Crane decided to study every single aspect of fear until he became a master on the subject. However, his obession with fear caused him to lose his sanity and, adopting the name of Scarecrow, he tried to expand the limits of fear by exposing people to their greatest fears and for this purpose, he created his trademark Fear Toxin.
His mental estate and his brilliant mind make of Scarecrow the ultimate figure of fear, which has been haunting Gotham's nightmares for decades.
- Year One: Batman/Scarecrow
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special #1
- New Year's Evil: Scarecrow #1
- Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow #1
- Detective Comics Vol 2 23.3: The Scarecrow
- World's Finest #3 (First appearance)
- The God of Fear
- Fear of Faith
- As the Crow Flies
- Batman/Scarecrow 3-D #1
- Batman #189 - Fright of the Scarecrow!
- Batman #262 - The Scarecrow's Trail of Fear!
- Batman #494 - Night Terrors
- Batman #523 - Dark Wings Fly Away in Fear
- Batman #524 - Haunted Houses of the Head
- Batman: Gotham Knights #23 - Fear of Success
- Detective Comics #506 - The 6 Days of the Scarecrow
- Detective Comics #571 - Fear for $ale
- The Joker #8 - The Scarecrow's Fearsome Face-Off!