Scott Fischer was a member of the Doom Patrol.
As a child, he was exposed to toxic waste, which activated his metahuman power: a burning energy touch radiating from his hands, requiring him to wear special gloves at all times. His exposure to the radioactive waste also caused him to develop leukemia, though with treatment it remained in remission for most of his life.
Despite the youth's heroism, he eventually succumbed to his illness and perished. He died during the Metahuman Crisis when the massive Gene Bomb detonated by the Dominators wreaked havoc on his powers. This complicated his leukemia, and although many were bedridden, he was the great weapon's only casualty.
- Energy Projection: Scott Fischer has a burning aura coming from his hands that inflicts great pain on anyone he touches. This has been shown to be capable of varying intensities, sometimes smouldering and occasionally flaring up greatly.
- Power Instability: As a consequence, he is forced to wear special gloves while not in action.
- Scott Fischer was written out of the Doom Patrol by Paul Kupperberg to make way for Grant Morrison's run on the title which would begin in Crawling from the Wreckage. The new writer wanted only a specific number of characters in his run, and this meant that a number of characters had to be gotten rid of. Invasion! was used as a vehicle for this, also containing the death of Celsius, Lodestone falling into a coma, and Negative Woman losing her powers.
- His official superhero codename is Blaze although he never actually uses it. It was only given in the letter column of Doom Patrol (Volume 2) #12, suggested by a fan named Charles J. Sperling.
- 19 Appearances of Scott Fischer (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Scott Fischer (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Scott Fischer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Scott Fischer (New Earth)
Doom Patrol member