During the early 1940s, Scribbly Jibbet was an amateur cartoonist.
He lived in New York City and was a close friend of neighborhood grocer Abigail "Ma" Hunkel. Scribbly had a little brother named Mortimer, better known by the nickname Dinky, who was a playmate of Ma Hunkel's daughter Sisty. Dink Jibbet and Sisty Hunkel often shared in adventures as the Cyclone Kids.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- While Scribbly was depicted with black hair in his early appearances, some later appearances depicted him with blond hair
- Scribbly Jibbett was created by Sheldon Mayer, who based the character partly on himself. Scribbly's first appearance was in Popular Comics #6, published by Dell Comics, July 1936. He continued to appear in Popular Comics and The Funnies (also from Dell) until 1939, when Dell editor M.C. Gaines formed his own company, All-American Publications, and took several features including Scribbly with him.
- 81 Appearances of Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Scribbly Jibbet (New Earth)